09 January 2015

Beach Life - החיים בחוף

( עברית בהמשך )
"How thin and insecure is that little beach of white sand we call consciousness."

Beach and ocean. That's about the only thing to do in Byron Bay. And the lighthouse. And people who love getting drunk and/or high every night. That's why I chose to stay only one day there. It's all I felt that I need. Also I want to mingle with the locals and this place is one hot tourist attraction. And while I like my beer every now and then, I didn't fly all the way to Australia just to do that... I could have stayed at home and gotten drunk.

I actually had a not bad day considering that though. I woke up late, despite wanting to go to the lighthouse for sunrise, after arriving wiped from the bus rides. So I went down to the beach for a few hours and then while wandering around town, debating if to go to the lighthouse for sunset or next day's sunrise, I was greeted by a bloke from one of the travel centres. We spoke about my travelling plans and we ended up booking what I had planned. I stayed there much more than I thought I would, so my dilemma was decided for me.

The next morning I awoke before the sun and walked the 40 minutes to the lighthouse. There were more people than I expected there and we all enjoyed Australia's first rays of light together.

Onwards and Northwards! Next stop: Surfers Paradise.



"כמה דק הוא אותו חוף קטן של חול לבן שאנו מכנים תודעה."

חוף וים. זה בערך הדבר היחיד שיש לעשות בביירון ביי. והמגדלור. ואנשים שאוהבים להשתכר ו/או להתמסטל כל לילה. לכן בחרתי להישאר שם רק יום אחד. זה כל מה שהרגשתי שצריך. גם אני רוצה לפגוש אוכלוסייה מקומית והמקום הזה הוא מגנט לתיירים. ואמנם אני אוהב פעם ב לשבת עם חברים על בירה, לא טסתי עד אוסטרליה בשביל זה... הייתי יכול להישאר בבית ולהשתכר.

האמת היה לי יום לא רע בכל מקרה. התעוררתי מאוחר, למרות שרציתי ללכת למגדלור בזריחה, אחרי שהגעתי שפוך מהנסיעות. אז ירדתי לחוף לכמה שעות ואז בזמן שהסתובבתי בעיר, מתלבט אם ללכת למגדלור לשקיעה או לזריחה של היום אחרי, התחיל לדבר איתי בחור מאחד ממרכזי הארגון טיולים. דיברנו על התכנונים שלי ובסוף הזמנו דברים שרציתי. נשארתי שם הרבה יותר מזמן משחשבתי שאני אשאר, אז הדילמה נפתרה בשבילי.

למחרת בבוקר קמתי לפני השמש והלכתי 40 דקות אל המגדלור. היו שם יותר אנשים מאשר ציפיתי שיהיו וביחד נהנו מקרני האור הראשונות שהגיעו לאוסטרליה.

קדימה וצפונה! תחנה הבאה: סרפרס פרדייס.

No comments:

Post a Comment