23 February 2015

Back Home - חזרה בבית

( עברית בהמשך )

"Home is where the heart is."

I arrived back in Melbourne on Thursday morning and after my uncle picked me up from the city centre we headed out to the airport to surprise my mother who had flown over for her annual visit. She knew I would be back at Melbourne the day of her arrival, but wasn't expecting me at the airport itself. Very soon I was settled back living with my family.

I found myself feeling very much at home, completely different from the feeling of travelling. I didn't feel the urgent need to see as much of the area as possible in my time here, as I have been here in the past and I'm sure I'll be back here in the future.

Despite the feeling of home, it's a different feeling than being back in Israel. I am in a different country and I did take advantage of it, visiting Victoria Market, Melbourne Zoo and taking a tour of Carlton Brewery, learning how the favourite local drink is made. I also had the chance to go with my cousin Jack to watch Collingwood, the family-wide (except for grandpa) supported footy team, train in their annual intra-club match. Also, not being in the town I grew up in, I don't have my circle of friends around, which gives me time to catch up with family, chill and play FIFA with Jack.

Yesterday we had the service in memory of my granny, and mum and Jack spoke a little after the rabbi. It was quite emotional to say goodbye to granny for the last time, knowing that to visit her grave won't be as simple as catching a bus.

Later this week, a day after mum flys back home, I will be flying down to Tasmania (Tassie as it it known here) where I will watch a pre-season match of Collingwood, explore Launceston and Hobart, and hike the Overland Track, which is considered as one of the best hikes in the world. But more on that next time..



"הבית הוא המקום שהלב נמצא בו."

חזרתי למלבורן בחמישי בבוקר ואחרי שדוד שלי אסף אותי ממרכז העיר יצאנו לשדה התעופה להפתיע את אמא שבאה לביקור השנתי שלה. היא ידעה שאני חוזר למלבורן באותו יום שהיא חוזרת, אבל לא ציפתה לי בשדה התעופה. תוך זמן קצר חזרתי לחיים עם המשפחה.

מהר מאוד הרגשתי שוב בבית, הרגשה שונה מאוד מתחושת הטיול. לא היה לי את הדחף לראות את כל האטרקציות באזור בזמן קצר, כפי שהייתי פה בעבר ואני בטוח שאחזור בעתיד.

למרות הרגשת הבית זה עדיין תחושה שונה מלהיות חזרה בארץ. אני במדינה אחרת וניצלתי אץ העניין, עם ביקורים לשוק ויקטוריה, גן החיות של מלבורן וסיור במבשלת קרלטון ולמדתי איך מייצרים את המשקה המקומי האהוב פה. גם הייתה לי את ההזדמנות ללכת עם בן דודי ג'ק לצפות בקולינגווד, קבוצת הפוטבול הנאהדת ע"י כל המשפחה (חוץ מסבא ז"ל), משחקים במשחק התוך קבוצתי השנתי שלהם. גם, כפי שאני לא בעיר מולדתי, אין לי קבוצת חברים גדולה פה, מה שנותן לי זמן להיפגש עם משפחה, לנוח, ולשחק פיפ"א עם ג'ק.

אתמול היה את טקס גילוי המצבה לזכר סבתי, ואמא וג'ק דיברו קצת אחרי הרב. זה היה עצוב להגיד שלום אחרון לסבתא, וגם אני יודע שלבקר את הקבר שלה לא יהיה פשוט.

מאוחר יותר השבוע, יום אחרי שאמא טסה חזרה הביתה, אטוס לטסמניה, שם אראה משחק של קולינגווד, אטייל בלונסטון והובארט, ואלך את שביל האוברלנד, הנחשב לאחד הטיולים הטובים בעולם. אבל עוד על זה בפעם אחרת..

No comments:

Post a Comment