17 May 2015

On the Road Again - שוב בדרכים

(עברית בהמשך)
"Mama mia, here I go again!"

And packing again, getting ready once again to fly.

Since the beginning of April, I have been back in Israel. It has been great being back, catching up with friends, and wandering my hometown.
In this short visit, I managed to go on a few hikes. During Pesach, I went with a few friends on a day hike into the beautiful Judean Hills. We hiked through the Dolev River (which is dry most of the time), surrounded by the beautiful scenery so typical of Spring in Israel. We also stopped for tea breaks on the way, and a couple of times made tea from freshly picked sage. The day after, a few us went for another excursion, this time taking bikes and riding from our homes, crossing the city on the bicycle path over the old railway line and then leaving Jerusalem on a bike trail in the direction of Bet Shemesh. On the way we decided to turn-off the trail and have a dip in a spring, and went up to Ein Tayasim (literally: Pilots' Spring).

A few weeks after Pesach, I joined my parents and we went with my dad's cousins to visit the Old City, touring the Tower of David and the Western Wall. The tour guide at the Tower of David went on a bit much, so my parents and I snuck off a bit and wandered around by ourselves and then rejoined the cousins to walk down to the Western Wall.

Quite recently I went with another friend to Emek Hatzvaim (Gazelle Valley), which I remember very fondly from childhood. When younger I used to go exploring there with friends and we would sometimes glimpse gazelles and later on, my bus to high school would pass by the valley and I would always look out for gazelles in the morning. Shortly before my return from Australia, the valley was renovated and new gazelles were brought in. It was a bit touristy, and there is access only to part of the valley, but there are comfy viewing chairs on the deck and we saw about 5 gazelles (2 of them were adorable young ones!).

Anyway, tonight I am leaving Jerusalem once again, this time in the opposite direction though, heading west to the United States. I will be almost a month on the East Coast, and then will travel to Colorado, where I will be working as a counselor with Camp Ramah in the Rockies.

Here's to a good time! Cheers and see you upon my return!


 "מאמה מיה, הנה אני שוב הולך"

ושוב אורז, מתכונן לטוס שוב.

מאז תחילת הייתי שוב בארץ. היה נפלא להיות חזרה, להתעדכן עם חברים ולהסתובב בעיר מולדתי.
בביקור הקצר הזה הספקתי גם לצאת לכמה טיולים. בפסח יצאתי עם כמה חברים לטיול יום להרי יהודה המדהימים. טיילנו לאורך נחל דולב, מוקפים בפריחה היפה הכל כך טיפוסית לאביב בישראל. עצרנו גם להפסקות תה וקפה בדרך, וחלק מהפעמים הכנו תה מרווה מעלים שקטפנו לצידי הדרך. ביום שאחרי, חלק מאיתנו יצאנו לעוד טיול כשהפעם לקחנו אופניים ורכבנו מהבית, דרך פארק המסילה עד גן החיות, ומשם המשכנו על שביל ים לים אל כיוון בית שמש. בדרך החלטנו לסטות מהשביל ולעלות אל עין טייסים ולהתקרר במעיין.

כמה שבועות אחרי פסח הצטרפתי אל ההורים והלכנו עם בני דודים של אבא לבקר בעיר העתיקה. בסיור במגדל דוד המדריכה האריכה קלות בהסברים, אז אני והוריי החלטנו לעזוב את הקבוצה והסתובבנו באזור לבד ואחרי הסיור חברנו שוב אל בני הדודים כדי ללכת לכותל המערבי.

בשבוע האחרון הלכתי עם ידידה לעמק הצבאים, שזכור לי לטובה מהילדות. כשהייתי צעיר הייתי מסתובב שם עם חברים בחיפוש אחר צבאים, ובתיכון האוטובוס שלי לבית ספר היה עובר ליד העמק והייתי תמיד מחפש צבאים בבוקר. זמן קצר לפני חזרתי מאוסטרליה, עמק הצבאים עבר שיפוץ והביאו צבאים חדשים. עכשיו המקום קצת תיירותי ואפשר להסתובב רק בחלק מהאזור, אבל יש כיסאות נוחים במקום תצפית טוב ומשם ראינו 5 צבאים (שניים מהם קטנים ומתוקים!).

בכל מקרה, הלילה אני עוזב את ירושלים שוב, הפעם בכיוון ההפוך, מערבה אל ארה"ב. אני אטייל כחודש בחוף המזרחי ולאחר מכן אגיע לקולורדו, שם אעבוד כמדריך במחנה רמה בהרי הרוקיז.


אז בתקווה יהיה כיף! ונתראה כשאחזור!

No comments:

Post a Comment