31 May 2015

Until we meet again - עד שניפגש שוב

(עברית בהמשך)
"Give 'em an act with lots of flash in it, and the reaction will be passionate."

After a lovely weekend in West Hartford with Adam, Alison and the adorable Adina I returned to the New York area for a few days.

To cap off my stay in West Hartford, Adam and I went on a short hike up Talcott Mountain and had great views of the Connecticut Valley on the way up before seeing the Heublein Tower at the top. After a longer than expected bus ride back to New York, I took the subway to Queens to watch the New York Magpies train. They are an affiliate club of Collingwood who play in the USAFL. The players invited me to join their training and I got to kick a footy around once more.

On Wednesday I travelled to the Bronx to take advantage of the special price on Wednesdays (free!). I visited the Bronx Zoo, which is quite massive and I very much enjoyed walking around it, with my highlights being the polar bear and the little penguins (who are Aussies like me). From the zoo I continued to the Botanical Garden, which was in full bloom and was stunning in its beauty. After this hot day, on the 10 minute walk from the bus stop to my cousin's house I was lucky enough to be caught in the thunderstorms and arrived drenched.

The next day in my runners (since my hiking boots were not completely dry yet) I set out once again to New York City. There I met up with Talya and after grabbing a bite at a bagel place we went to tour the Metropolitan Museum (called the Met by the majority of people). We saw there art from all areas, including the Temple of Dendur, Van Gogh's flowers, African and Oceanian art (though the amount of Aussie aboriginal art was disappointingly low). After parting ways with Talya I went to Chinatown to try a bubble tea, as I promised Merav I'd do. Mostly Chinatown reminded me of Hong Kong, just with more English. From Chinatown I went to the Ambassador Theatre for the climax of my NYC adventure - watching a musical on Broadway. I chose to watch Chicago, which I had also seen on the plane. The show was amazing. Obviously with differences from the movie but done very well.

Now, after a shabbat in Passaic with more lovely cousins, I am travelling to Maryland to meet up with more cousins and a friend.
And all. That. Jazz!



"תנו להם מופע עם הרבה שלהבת, והתגובה תהיה נלהבת."

אחרי סופשבוע נפלא בווסט הארטפורד עם אדם, אליסון ועדינה המתוקונת חזרתי לאזור ניו יורק לכמה ימים.

לסיום הביקור שלי בווסט הארטפורד, אני ואדם יצאנו לטיול קצר בהר טלקוט וראינו נופים של עמק קונטיקט בדרך אל מגדל הובלין בפסגה. אחרי נסיעה ארוכה מהצפוי באוטובוס חזרה לניו יורק הגעתי לקווינז לצפות באימון של הניו יורק מגפייס, קבוצת אחות של קולינגווד. השחקנים הזמינו אותי להצטרף לאימון ויצא לי לבעוט בפוטבול שוב.

 ביום רביעי נסעתי לברונקס להנות שם מהמחיר המיוחד של יום רביעי (חינם!). ביקרתי בגן החיות, שדי עצום ומאוד נהנתי להסתובב בו, ובמיוחד לראות את דב הקוטב ואת הפינגווינים האוסטרלים. מגן החיות המשכתי לגן הבוטני שהיה בפריחה מלאה ומרהיב ביופיו. אחרי היום החם הזה, ב-10 דקות הליכה מתחנת האוטובוס לבית של בת דודה שלי נקלעתי לסערות והגעתי ספוג מים.

ביום שאחרי יצאתי בנעלי ריצה (כי נעלי ההרים שלי לא התייבשו לגמרי) אל ניו יורק. שם פגשתי את טליה ואחרי בייגל הלכנו לתייר במוזיאון המטרופוליטן. שם ראינו מגוון אומנות מאזורים שונים, כולל מקדש דנדור, פרחים שך ואן גוך ואמנות מאפריקה ואוקיינה (למרות שכמות האמנות האוסטרלית הייתה נמוכה). אחרי שאני וטליה הלכנו לדרכינו, נסעתי לצ'יינהטאון לנסות תה בועות כמו שהבטחתי למירב. צ'יינהטאון בעיקר הזכירה לי את הונג קונג, רק עם הרבה יותר אנגלית. מצ'יינהטאון נסעתי לתאטרון אמבסדור בשביל שיא החוויה שלי בניו יורק - הצגה בברודווי. אני הזמנתי כרטיסים לשיקגו, שראיתי גם במטוס בדרך. המופע היה מדהים. כמובן שהיו הבדלים מהסרט, אבל הבימוי והביצוע היו נפלאים.

עכשיו, אחרי שבת בפסאייק עם עוד בני דודים נהדרים, אני נוסע למרילנד לפגוש עוד בני דודים וחבר.
וכל. הג'אז!

No comments:

Post a Comment