18 June 2015

A Mile High - בגובה מיל

( עברית במשך )
"Every day, the sun comes out and the sky's always blue."

The past few days I've been in Denver, adjusting to the elevation.

My time here started with intensity, with my cousin picking me up from the airport with her twin 6-year-olds and we drove almost directly to a movie in the park. There we had a bite of pizza and veggie burger and watched "Night at the Museum".

The next day I went with my cousins on a tour of the Hammond's candy factory, learning all about the candy creation process and getting free samples at the end. With sticky hands we drove to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science and there we saw dinosaurs and mythical creatures.

On Friday morning my cousin dropped me off downtown and I caught up over brunch with my friend Dale. I then wandered a bit around 16th Street Mall and saw the Colorado State Capitol. I visited the Money Museum which is a quaint free museum, which featured money from around the world (including Australia and Israel), let you customise your own banknote and gave out free souvenirs of shredded money.

After a calm weekend my cousin's mother took me to Red Rocks which is a beautiful and unique park which contains an amphitheatre which has hosted many famous bands and singers, including The Beatles and Seal.

Now I have arrived at Camp Ramah in the Rockies and we've started staff week. And in one week the campers are arriving. Here's to an awesome couple of months!



"כל יום השמש מאירה, והשמים תמיד כחולים."

בימים האחרונים הייתי בדנבר והתחלתי להתאקלם לחיים בגובה.

מהרגע שנחתי היה עמוס בחוויות, כשבת דודה שלי אספה אותי מנמל התעופה עם התאומים בני ה-6 שלה ונסענו כמעט ישירות לראות סרט בפארק. שם אכלנו פיצה והמבוגרים צמחוניים וראינו את "לילה במוזיאון".

למחרת ביקרתי עם בני דודים שלי במפעל הסוכריות "המונדס", למדנו על תהליך הכנת הסוכריות ובסוף קיבלנו דוגמאות לטעימה. עם ידיים דביקות נסענו למוזיאון המדע והטבע בדנבר וראינו דינוזאורים ויצורים מיתולוגיים.

בשישי בבוקר בת דודה שלי הקפיצה אותי למרכז העיר ונפגשתי עם חבר שלי דייל. אחרי זה הסתובבתי קצת בקניון הרחוב ה-16 וראיתי את בניין הבירה של קולורדו. ביקרתי במוזיאון הכסף שהוא מוזיאון קטן וחינמי שהציג כסף מכל העולם (כולל אוסטרליה וישראל), איפשר לעצב שטר בעיצוב אישי וחילק בסוף שקיות למזכרת של כסף גרוס.

אחרי שבת רגועה אמא של בת דודתי לקחה אותי לרד רוקס שהוא פארק יפה וייחודי הכולל גם אמפיתיאטרון שאירח אמנים ולהקות מפורסמות, כמו סיל והביטלס.

עכשיו הגעתי אל מחנה רמה בהרי הרוקיז והתחלנו את שבוע צוות. ובעוד שבוע מגיעים החניכים. אז שיהיה אחלה של חודשיים!

No comments:

Post a Comment